The Scarlett 2i2 is certified for usage with USB-C iPad Pros. It’s easy to set up and use:
- Just put it in.
- Open your favorite music-making program.
- Listen to Focusrite sound everywhere you go.
On the other hand, iRig Pro Duo 4 gives you genuine mobility in a big way. It crams many essential recording functions into a bit of a package that you can carry around with you.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2i2 is Scarlett’s most extraordinary interface, and countless artists use it every day to create and record. 2i2, with its natural-sounding 3rd Gen mic preamps and Air, which emulates our classic ISA preamps, is helping artists get the most out of their microphones in every situation. It’s similar to working in a studio.
It was never simpler to get studio-quality recordings just with yourself. In moments, Easy Start will have you prepared, recording, and listening back. The science of sounding amazing is sorted thanks to our mic preamps, high-headroom instrument inputs. We’ve taken care of the technology so that you can concentrate on the songs.
Pros of Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
- Users like the appearance and how easy it is to use the controls. The inputs and outputs are perfectly balanced, and there is enough gain. The headphone amplifier performs admirably, which is critical for musicians.
- The case is both beautiful and well-made. You wouldn’t need an additional power source because it’s bus-powered.
- The Scarlett 2i2 is a breeze to set up and use. The sound quality is clean and sharp, thanks to the UI.
Cons of Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
- The most common criticism among buyers is that the drivers available on the public Focusrite webpage are inadequate, necessitating installing the most recent drivers.
- The Scarlette 2i2 has decent hardware. However, the drivers cause latency issues.
iRig Pro Duo 4
Thanks to the iRig Pro Duo, fully universal “all-platform” mobile recording is now a reality. It comes with each and every cable you need to transmit to your smartphone, Ipads, Android smartphone, or Mac/PC – you receive a Lightning, USB-OTG, and USB cable, so recording perfection is constantly guaranteed regardless of where you are or what gadget you choose to have with you.
Pros of iRig Pro Duo 4
- Design that is both attractive and meaningful. MIDI input/output.
- The pres are quite silent. Self-powered.
- It is straightforward to use.
Cons of iRig Pro Duo 4
- A proprietary connection is used on Lightning/device cords.
- The provision of power is optional.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 vs. iRig Pro Duo 4
|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2||iRig Pro Duo 4|
|INPUTS||2 x Combo XLR-1/4″ TRS Balanced/Unbalanced Mic/Line/Hi-Z Input (Front Panel)||• 2x XLR/TS Combo (Hi-Z Instrument & Microphone input with phantom power)|
• 2.5mm MIDI IN
|OUTPUTS||2 x 1/4″ TRS Balanced Monitor Output||• 3.5mm (1/8″) Headphone Out 2x Balanced|
• 6.35mm (1/4″) TRS Line-level Out
• 2.5mm MIDI OUT
|CONNECTION TYPE||1 x USB Type-C (USB 2.0)||Mini-DIN|
|MONITORING||Software & Direct Monitoring|
|COMPATIBILITY||MacOS 10.12 or Later Windows 7 or Later||• iOS (iPhone/iPod/iPad)|
|SIZE||6.89 x 3.89 x 1.87″ / 17.5 x 9.88 x 4.75 cm||75mm/2.95″ x 127mm/5″ x 37mm/1.46″|
|WEIGHT||1.0 lb / 470.0 g||197.2g/6.96oz (batteries excluded)|
|INCLUDED APPS||• Ableton Live|
• LitePro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack
• 3 Months of Splice Sounds
• Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite
• XLN Audio
• Softube Time & Tone Bundle
• Access to the Focusrite Plug-In Collective
|• AmpliTube CS (iOS)|
• SampleTank CS (iOS) – 48 exclusive bonus sounds & “The Grid” sound collection
• iGrand Piano FREE (iOS) – full 88-key range & 1 exclusive bonus sound
• iLectric Piano (iPad) – 1 exclusive bonus sound
• VocaLive CS (iOS) – 3 bonus mic models
• Mic Room LE (iOS) – 2 bonus mic models
|WARRANTY||3 Years Warranty||One (1) Year Warranty PARTS, Ninety (90) Days Warranty LABOR|
The size of these gadgets is one of the most noticeable differences. The iRig Pro Duo provides high-quality recording performance while allowing you to use it anywhere. The Scarlett 2i2 also provides the desired level of recording quality. However, because of its size, you will have to exert some effort in order to transport it.